Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Mon Oct 8 2018
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Michael, located over the northwestern Caribbean Sea, and on
Tropical Storm Leslie, located over the central Atlantic Ocean.
1. A broad non-tropical low pressure system located about midway
between the Azores and Canary Islands continues to produce
disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Significant development of
this system is unlikely due to unfavorable environmental conditions.
This low is expected to move east-southeastward during the next
couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. An area of low pressure, associated with a tropical wave, is
located several hundred miles south of the Cabo Verde Islands.
This system is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms,
and some slow development is possible during the next few days
while it moves west-northwestward. By late this week, however,
upper-level winds are expected to become unfavorable for
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.